Animal Traceability Solutions (ATS) is the joint venture of ADT Project Consulting (ADT) and Unternehmensberatung Dr. Karb GmbH (UBK)
Partners of excellency for over 15 years
The joint venture ATS has gained long standing experience of more than 15 years in the implementation of technical assistance projects in animal identification and traceability systems, animal disease control and capacity building in the veterinary and livestock services. ATS implemented about 20 projects for the EU-Commission, the World Bank and FAO.
Innovative approach and concept
ATS has developed a unique approach for developing and implementing Animal Traceability Solutions. The core is the AIT application (or platform), which is characterized by two key features:
- ‘Parametrisation’ – the core modules of the application are conceived in such a way, that they can be adapted and shaped very flexibly to different countries and setups by modulation of key parameters instead of developing each time the complete source code.
- ‘Open Source’ – the modular software architecture integrates the very specific functionalities of animal identification and traceability with the best available open source solutions for common functionality such as user management, management of privileges, processing of GIS related information, document management or reporting.
The development of the AIT application was supported by the German Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection within its innovation program managed by the Federal Office for Agriculture and Food.
Apart from the in-depth knowledge of the technical background of the German AIT-system and the network with other EU Member States the ATS track record covers engagements in Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia as well as in Botswana, Jamaica and Tanzania.
The ATS Team
- Analysis of legal and technical requirements for AIT (i.e. production systems, prevalence of animal diseases, organization of veterinary and livestock services, trade and marketing)
- Drafting of AIT legislation
- AIT system planning
- AIT cost planning and financing (investments, operations)
- AIT platform management (administration and assistance of users)
- Reference information AIT (terms and definitions)
- Technical requirements for AIT (i.e. animal genetic resources, stock theft)
- International requirements/standards
- Assisting in drafting project documents and reports (i.e. TPC, manuals and training material)